2018 Express Entry Mid Year Report – Can you be Selected?

Aug 1, 2018Immigration

The results are in for the mid-year Express Entry report and they’re impressive. Draw sizes have so far grown more than 36% and have broken records. Thousands of invitations have been sent out and we think that YOU may be able to join these thousands of future Canadian permanent residents.

What is Express Entry?

Express entry is a system that manages a pool of entries from the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and the Canadian Experience Class. All these classes are streams in which individuals may be eligible to enter, if they qualify, to become Canadian permanent residents. These streams are dependent on many factors such as education, work experience, English proficiency and more.

Individuals who apply to migrate under these streams create a personal profile, in which their skills, experiences and personal history are scored. They then enter a pool of candidates ranging from different scores and if they receive an invitation, are eligible to apply for permanent residence.

Can YOU become a Canadian Permanent resident?

Ideal Express Entry candidates exhibit the following:

Age: 18-29 years old

Education overseas: Bachelor’s or higher

First language: good – excellent English proficiency

Foreign skilled worker experience:  5-6 years

Canadian education and work experience:  more than 1 year

Siblings in Canada:  Yes

Not Eligible to Become an Express Entry Candidate? Become a STUDENT

If your profile does not fit the profile above, don’t worry. If you have over and above in some categories and are below in other categories, you may still have the necessary score to be an ideal candidate! Contact us so we can provide you with a free assessment and so we can also calculate your score.

There are also other paths to come to Canada. If you need the Canadian experience to give your profile a boost, you may be eligible to migrate to Canada as a student. Becoming a student gives you the perfect opportunity to gain Canadian work experience and education, all while living the Canadian lifestyle. Once you become a student, you will be eligible to obtain an open work permit upon finishing the program. This will then allow you to work full-time for at least one year in Canada, in order to build your skills and experience. After gaining the necessary experience from working and studying, you may then be able to apply for permanent residency via the Canadian Experience Class Category (CEC) or the Provincial Nominee Programs for international students and skilled workers.

We are also open to giving you valuable advice. If you are not eligible to migrate to Canada, we can help you find out what you need to improve or what your other options may be! Please do not hesitate to contact us.


Get In Touch

Contact us, or Read more on our Website

Send a Message

6 + 13 =


The Law Office of Evangeline Ancheta

1420 Burnhamthorpe Road East

Suite 305

Mississauga, Ontario

L4X 2Z9

Telephone:  647-977-2889

Facsimile:    905-232-1088

Email: info@anchetalaw.com

Our Location

The Law Office of Evangeline Ancheta

Read More:

Fill out our Free Assessment form to discover your opportunities to come to Canada.

Read our Immigration pages to find out about all available programs to immigrate to Canada.

Read our Temporary Residence pages to find out about ways you can come to Canada, to visit, study or work.

Read our Status and Appeals pages to find out how we can help you verify, restore or appeal your status in Canada.